Boyne' s + Nubs 1/20-22 2018 Any Snowjournalist's interested in a Michigan ski gathering in Jan-Feb?

edited October 2017 in The Hook-Up Posts: 5,282
Conrad Ward our exuberant center pole sleuth who likes to share our existing CP lift prowess with Europeans wants to experience first hand the center pole lifts with a trip to Michigan this winter.

Besides Ted Reilly my fellow Michigander we have Ibrake4tbars who is a Buckeye. Conrad and I would like to set up a roughly " long weekend" outing with an invitation to all nelsapers/ snowjournalist's in Jan, the 20th-22nd.

Absolutely would do both Boyne Mountain and Boyne Highlands. Most likely Nubs Nob or Crystal/ Caberfae. All areas have night skiing in a open to close ticket.
Is there any interest from any of you in joining us and setting up a date?

Conrad wants to book his flight asap

Comments

A Caberfae Crystal trip is a very good possibility for me.
  • edited September 2017 Posts: 5,282
    Well can you believe it ?young man one of our best of snowjournalist is flying from Vermont /New Hampshire to Michigan to ski! He's coming out January 19 going back Monday night the 23rd we are going to ski Boyne the mountain and Highlands and probably nubs knob Monday morning also. Also I did talk to Lonnie the owner of Mount Bohemia and basically I'm getting three nights for the price of one this coming winter so or snow journalist who wants to join us gets free lodging and meals breakfast and dinner at Mount Bohemia is included so if anyone wants to get their butts out here and try
    Mt Bohemiathis would be the year
    And I just talked to the infamous Ibrake4tbars and he's most likely coming too! ( Boyne)
  • ciscokid said:

And I just talked to the infamous Ibrake4tbars and he's most likely coming too! ( Boyne)

Infamous?!? :(

ciscokid said:

ciscokid said:

No just famous- grampa

I just wanted to say thanks for the invite.

I'd half consider it, but if I drive 14 hours or fly 4 hours to ski in MI instead of going to the Rockies, my family would probably have me committed. But still, hmmmm.....

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ski_it said:

I just wanted to say thanks for the invite.

I'd half consider it, but if I drive 14 hours or fly 4 hours to ski in MI instead of going to the Rockies, my family would probably have me committed. But still, hmmmm.....

Well we do have room for you the room sleeps six so you're more than welcome if you can get your butt out here we'd love to have a second New Englander bring them old élan skis that's fine I guarantee you would like nubs knob even though it's half of what you're used to but still has a great vvariety of terrain

I also guarantee we would have a ton of laughs and I will buy all the beer you would want to drink so come on out
    I will even sleep on the hideaway sofa and you can sleep with the infamous Ibrake4tbars wouldn't that be something
    $203 round trip from Manchester delta
    Sit with Conrad and talk lifts
  • Why in the Sam Hill am I infamous? :-/ :-/ :-/

Why in the Sam Hill am I infamous? :-/ :-/ :-/

What's the diff between famous and infamous?

Anyway Boyne just put their '18 tickets price.
    $70 buy ahead e tick on Sat 1/20/18

$95 walk up yikes!!
  • Elvis is famous. Justin Bieber is famous.

Hitler is infamous. Stalin is infamous.

Jeez Louis....$95 walk-up?!? Maybe the local grocery stores sell discount passes or one can buy them on line for a better price.

Elvis is famous. Justin Bieber is famous.

Hitler is infamous. Stalin is infamous.

Jeez Louis....$95 walk-up?!? Maybe the local grocery stores sell discount passes or one can buy them on line for a better price.

$70 e ticket online
    Yes, it's going to be a good time. Of course I'll be taking lots of photos of all the lifts including the world's first/oldest triple chairlifts, the 60's and 70's center pole quads, the world's second six-pack, and a chairlift that includes parts from the world's first chairlifts at Sun Valley. Should cause the jaws of the users on Remontees-Mecaniques to hit the floor.
    Well I'm Dutch,(surname changed), Ibrake4tbars is Swiss, will we have a Frenchman with us ?

By the way I went swimming in Lake Michigan today the water was 75° The air ish 95 so I do expect great lake affect snow this winter if it gets cold forecast anyone?
  • edited October 2017 Posts: 5,282
    Well I am planning to buy what they call the white gold ski card here in Michigan which entitles you to one day at 34 ski areas in the state and also a ski tuneup for $269.

So little does my wife know that I plan to make a whole week of upper peninsula skiing in addition to Mount Bohemia, I hope to hit up several others with my white gold card.

Are there any snow journalist interested in a weeklong upper Peninsula excursion?

In February
    ciscokid said:

Well I'm Dutch,(surname changed), Ibrake4tbars is Swiss, will we have a Frenchman with us ?

Well I am Irish and Jim is Scottish.

Irish Scottish Dutch French Swiss who else can join us to mix up the pot?

Yes I anticipate a good time in a month big weather changes here in Michigan I am currently on the south part of the state near the Indiana border and it's 50° with Harley any snow left whereas another one of my fellow counterparts was up near Cadillac and it was snowing and below 30 couple hours ago so there is a 20° gap and 150 or so miles north to south

I would not worry about that snow pack a Caberfae melting anytime soon and I am deciding soon whether I want to ski up there Saturday the 23rd and leave my wife at home or not
    There is a good chance I will be at Caberfae on Saturday the 23rd also 
    Treilly said:

There is a good chance I will be at C well then all the more reason for me to get on this thing and order my left hope your ticket and get up there and celebrate Christmas with my good buddy Mr. Reilly and I have a couple bloody Mary's and who knows what else aberfae on Saturday the 23rd also 

I don't know what happened to that post but anyway yeah if you are in for Saturday Ted I can see myself coming up to celebrate Christmas with you my good friend I will get my lift Topia ticket ASAP or at least the next day or so and we can share the holiday spirit with a couple good bloody Mary's and who knows what else
    Ibrake4tbars Ibrake4tbars I recall you giving us a commitment by the 21st so in three days we want you to say yes I will be at northern Michigan to ski with my comrades no more excuses you just come and we will pay your way
  • Yes I will be there! :)]
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 5,282
    Hooray we have a verbal contract with the famous Ibrake4tbars!!
    Hopefully short but steep Devils Dive will be open at Boyne
    Besides the floating Poma ibrake, Nubs has the best selection of RAKED glades in the midwest, half of the main face is left bumped,( ok a quarter) I'm positive you won't be dissatisfied spending $76 on a Sabbath day . The best 427' vert hill on the planet imho
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 622
    I am looking forward to meeting the Infamous i Brake for T-Bars. Should of be a great time
    Ibrake4tbars called me last night, I was in bed. HE IS COMING!!!
    Keep in mind he is one of the first on SJ1 back in '01
    Yes the infamous Ibrake4tbars will be staying at my house, I have a fairly new queen bed for him in our 3rd bedroom and a grizzly bear rug staring at him and Conrad

To hear his stories of skiing in the Syracuse area is like listening to your favorite SONG
    Yes after telling tales and tasting Boyne mtns Riblets, we will be sitting at the fireplace cracking jokes , sipping wine, or guzzling long necks trading insider trading on the ski industry, whether it be tbars, Riblets, or the old country.( NY)
    Ibrake4tbars is bringing fondue and wine, I'm buying beer of choice, a cracking fireplace , Teds bringing Redds and chef Conrad ...
    Ski rack readyimage
    Lovely looking terrain here