Snow Totals 3/13-14

in NELSAP Forum Posts: 166
Woke up to a foot of snow just south of Burlington, VT this morning and still snowing hard. Saw a report that Barre had 24".  Places like Stowe, Sugarbush, MRG, Midd Snow Bowl must be getting hammered.   BRING IT.

Comments

Betsy said:

Woke up to a foot of snow just south of Burlington, VT this morning and still snowing hard. Saw a report that Barre had 24".  Places like Stowe, Sugarbush, MRG, Midd Snow Bowl must be getting hammered.   BRING IT.

Sugarbush and MRG up to 2' in past 72 hours. Well over a foot in the Valley yesterday and last night. Still snowing
  • Two feet at Bradford!
    - Sam
    Going out to Stowe shortly for some post morning work runs. I was at Bolton last night and it was blower powder all over the mountain. Softest landings off of cliffs I have had all season.
    Love it!  This means my trip to Sugarbush in a couple of weeks is assured.
    skipro77 said:

With this new snow, and potentially some more next week, coupled with the cold to stay in place for the rest of the month, Sugarbush is looking very, very good for early April.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 5,277
    Locking forward to many powder filled reports, when you catch your breath take a pic or 2. Or a Nelsap JD video!
    I'm heading up to Mt Snow on Friday for their $17.00 deal, probably with the rest of the skiing world. I imagine it will be the best day of the season.

58" of new snow in the last 10 days is just crazy.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 4,668
    Town next door reported 23" down here in the flatlands of SE Mass. Too bad Klein Innsbruck isn't still open.

Weather guys says it is still snowing in the Greens and in Maine
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    This latest batch is heavier and wetter- will make a great base for the next round...
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,811
    12" additional snowfall forecast Mt Snow through Thursday night.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
  • Down here Snowshoe has quietly received 55" in the last 7 days and still continue making snow. Live webcams show it snowing and fan guns going also.

Hmmm. Road trip!
    Rode Stowe yesterday afternoon, definitely had about 2 feet of newer snow by last chair. With another 7+ overnight. I was riding the gondola up and read the local news. Avalanche in Smugglers Notch (second this week), with some injuries: Link
    mtsnow123 said:

skipro77 said:

With this new snow, and potentially some more next week, coupled with the cold to stay in place for the rest of the month, Sugarbush is looking very, very good for early April.
    +1
    skipro77 said:

mtsnow123 said:

skipro77 said:

+1
    Easily another foot at Sugarbush today. The central Greens are still getting pounded. Nothing in town but piling up on the hill...and another storm Tuesday after a bluebird and cold weekend. Get out there!
    A little Cannon-Loon comparison for the recent snowfall.  Temp and elevation have been so critical.  
    - Cannon is reporting "4 FEET of snow here in the past 8 days."  
    - Loon is reporting 43" in the past 7 days.  
    - My house is near the base of Loon.  It's been snowing almost non-stop for 8 days but we've probably only accumulated about a foot.  The rest has melted as it landed. 

I've been skiing both Cannon and Loon for the past 8 days.  I believe both of their reports.  BUT, Cannon is keeping what falls and Loon is losing it. At Cannon the daytime tems have stayed in 20s.  At Loon they've reached the 30s almost every day (it's 32 at the base right now).  The difference really shows under foot.  At Cannon I have been skiing tree lines that are often out of play.  Tramline is open and has great coverage. At Loon, the fresh stuff that falls is very sweet, but it's on a questionable base.  I hit a lot of rock and wood on undercut this morning even though it was barely tracked out.  

They are both skiing really well, but that elevation is making all the difference.

Jiminy Peak press release is reporting 63 inches this month so far. The city of Worcester reports 39 inches this month, so I suppose that Wachusett got more than that. It's been quite a month, with more snow predicted Tuesday.