Wildcat 4/14/2018

edited April 2018 in Trip Reports Posts: 4,668
I just found something worse than skiing in the rain.....skiing in the freezing rain. :( :(
ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA

Comments

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    Black Mountain of Maine?
    Turner mtn (just a joke)

Wildcat
    210 said:

Black Mountain of Maine?

Nope cause they already closed 4/8
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 4,668
    ciscokid said:

Turner mtn (just a joke)

Wildcat

Turner - Wrong - closed for the season

The cat- Right. I wished they'd been closed. The packed powdered was sintered into hardpack
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 3,575
    Waterville?

Scratch that- no footrests...

Got it now: Wildcat, Snowcat triple
    It was really hard on top so we tried this for a run. Our goggles would completely ice over within a 100 yds off the lift so I skied without. Ouchimage
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,277
    ski_it said:

ciscokid said:

Turner mtn (just a joke)

Wildcat

Turner - Wrong - closed for the season

The cat- Right. I wished they'd been closed. The packed powdered was sintered into hardpack
    ski_it said:

ciscokid said:

Turner mtn (just a joke)

Wildcat

Just saw the " turner" on you and the Mrs skis. Never thought about Turner mtn Mont.( unless there's another one out east)

I think I'll call you Mr and Mrs Ski_it Turner lol

Took a wild guess that the 'Cat was open and you live there and on your season pass.

Waiting for power to go out here w ice stormimage
  • It wasn't the best day conditions-wise. I was across the notch on Washington and the conditions were about the same.
    - Sam
    I couldn't believe the number of people in Pinkham on a day like that. Wasn't it dangerous up there?
    On the downhill side of Rt 16 a pickup with a cap and kayak had flipped on its side somehow. Looked like an episode from Highway to Hell. We ran into the rit same poor pickup on a flatbed followed by a tow truck 3 hours later in Conway on the road to Tucks.
    Check out today's Wildcat snow report for truth in advertising. https://www.skiwildcat.com/snow-report/
    I think we used up our East coast grit yesterday. Hardy but untrue. I think we are staying in today
    Cisco those are just rental stickers. ;) ;) My mom is from Billings MT
  • edited April 2018 Posts: 5,479
    ski_it said:

I couldn't believe the number of people in Pinkham on a day like that. Wasn't it dangerous up there?

There were a lot of people there for the race. And yes, it seemed very dangerous to be high in the ravine with those snow conditions, which is why I didn't venture higher than felt safe. I can't believe no one got injured racing down the Sherbie.
    - Sam
    ski_it said:

Cisco those are just rental stickers. ;) ;) My mom is from Billings MT

Oh yea how soon I forgot, didn't get to Red Lodge ski area after the Beartooth decent in your honor before flying back from Billings.

What the Elans are still in play? Renting the Volkl's?

That's why I got out of the car biz seven yrs back. Starting at, up to, 1 in stock, as low as, excellent condition(s)yada yada
    ski_it said:

Check out today's Wildcat snow report for truth in advertising. https://www.skiwildcat.com/snow-report/
    I think we used up our East coast grit yesterday. Hardy but untrue. I think we are staying in today

I really like an area that takes the time to do some kind of narrative about the conditions and what is going on. It doesn't take much time to do and it gives a good overview rather than a just "check the box on what's open" or some kind of illuminated trail map. 
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>