Late April snow

The winter that just won't end continues. 1" of sleet here in Northern Connecticut this morning.
<p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>

Comments

It looks like it's heavy snowing at the moment on Mount Snow's webcams. Here in Burlington, VT. We got about 2 inches of wet snow Saturday night. Winter is holding on.... Mansfield summit is predicted to see some more snow in the higher elevations this week. Wish Stowe was going to be open for another weekend.
    Seemed like last month was the Northeast was getting the snow. Now it’s the upper Mid West. The sad part is most of the ski aeras have already closed for the season
    Driving sleet in Lincoln, NH for the past ~24hrs.  No real accumulations but a bullet proof coating on everything.  Today was supposed to be Cannon's last day but they couldn't even open.  Wildcat also closed due to weather.  
    mtsnow123 said:

It looks like it's heavy snowing at the moment on Mount Snow's webcams. Here in Burlington, VT. We got about 2 inches of wet snow Saturday night. Winter is holding on.... Mansfield summit is predicted to see some more snow in the higher elevations this week. Wish Stowe was going to be open for another weekend.

I wanted to ski at Mount Snow on Wednesday, as that was originally supossed to be sunny. Now the NWS has bad weather forecast straight through the week. The weekend looks nice at this point, I just hope Mount Snow doesn't call it a season before then.

<p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>

Driving sleet in Lincoln, NH for the past ~24hrs.  No real accumulations but a bullet proof coating on everything.  Today was supposed to be Cannon's last day but they couldn't even open.  Wildcat also closed due to weather.  

Well at least Wildcat will open again and from what I saw maybe get a little more refresher over the work week.  Killington too.  Even looks like the weather might cooperate this weekend from here.  (not quite as warm as I would like but at least be sunny)  Choices dwindle but there will be lift served this weekend and I'm probably going to attempt it.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Nice coating of sleet and ice this morning in Southern NH. Maybe an inch on my car. It's mostly gone now as it's up to 40 with heavy rain.
    Net gain of 2" of snow/sleet at Mount Snow and 67 trails opened for tomorrow.
    2-3" of almost plowable sleet accumulation 4/16/18
    ciscokid said:

2-3" of almost plowable sleet accumulation 4/16/18</blockquote

Sleet remains here after 3" of rain and the temperature near 50F. That stuff is far more durable than snow.

This is a epic once a decade April! 1st don’t put your season away yet. 2nd Spring skiing is on the way this wknd and with all the sleet it is going to be especially good from here till the end. 3rd Just do yourself a favor and burn a spring skiing day in your memory that you’ll never forget.