For the upcoming ski season....

....are there any thoughts of which places to go that you’ve never skied before? (Sorry, I gotta do something to get this July heat off my mind.) 😂

Tenney is right there atop my list for the next season. How about you?

IBRAKE

Comments

Tenney is also top of my list.
  • Probably Sugarloaf and Spruce Mountain because I’ll be so close to them.
    - Sam
    I'm tempted to give Oregon another shot. 0 for 2 on good snow years so far. Thus there are a number of places I haven't been to yet.
    While I pretty happy where I am, I think any area over 500 feet of vertical will provide at least one good day of exploration. Unfortunately, with today's pricing, it gets expensive to buy day tickets in a big hurry.
    > @Cannonball said:
    > Tenney is also top of my list.

When the time comes an SJ Tenney meet up might be great!
    If any one gets to Utah in the spring and wants to meet for a few turns - let me know. I hope to spend an extended period out there in March and April, mostly skiing Snowbird, but will also have ltd access to Alta, Solitude, Deer Valley and possibly Park City.
    > @IBRAKEFORTBARS said:
    > > @Cannonball said:
    > > Tenney is also top of my list.
    >
    > When the time comes an SJ Tenney meet up might be great!

I would be in for that. It's been a while, and only an hour away.

> @Cannonball said:

> Tenney is also top of my list.

When the time comes an SJ Tenney meet up might be great!

Agree!
    I bought one of the $229 passes, so I'm planning on a few days to Tenney, along with Whaleback, Magic and Kmart.
    We have season's passes to Middlebury so we'll be there the vast majority of the time. That said...Pico. I have never skied there and hope to this coming season!
    Southern Vermont-- Okemo, Stratton, Bromley, Mt Snow, Suicide Six.. perhaps some NH areas like Cannon, Waterville Valley and Bretton Woods.
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>
    I'd love to see Big Tupper open up again need to make a trip. Jay Peak is on the list as I have family up that way. Oak Mountain as well as I always drive past it on the way to Gore.
    ~Rich~
    Well, no grand expeditions to new areas planned for 2018-19, but ciscokid mentioned a possible get-together at Holiday Mountain that has me intrigued. Maybe combine Holiday with Holimont or another area nearby?

Woody
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 1,836
    > @bousquet19 said:
    > Well, no grand expeditions to new areas planned for 2018-19, but ciscokid mentioned a possible get-together at Holiday Mountain that has me intrigued. Maybe combine Holiday with Holimont or another area nearby?
    >
    > Woody

I think you’re meaning Holiday Valley in Ellicotville? :) Holiday Mountain, although it rocks a couple floating bullwheel Poma chairlifts, is at the southeastern tip of the Catskills by Monticello!
    Hickory... :'( <3
    I'm down for a E'ville get together at some point. Be nice to see what has changed since I was last there and what's the same. Last time I was there was in May of 2011 when my late brother and I paid respects to our parents at the top of Tannenbaum and Yodeler. We were lazy-- parked at the fire tower and walked in rather than up! :D
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>

> @bousquet19 said:

> Well, no grand expeditions to new areas planned for 2018-19, but ciscokid mentioned a possible get-together at Holiday Mountain that has me intrigued. Maybe combine Holiday with Holimont or another area nearby?

>

> Woody

I think you’re meaning Holiday Valley in Ellicotville? :) Holiday Mountain, although it rocks a couple floating bullwheel Poma chairlifts, is at the southeastern tip of the Catskills by Monticello!

You're right, IBRAKE. Glad I'm not planning to use only GPS's "Search" function to get there ;)

Hope a bunch of us can. get there!

Woody
    bmwskier said:

I'm down for a E'ville get together at some point. Be nice to see what has changed since I was last there and what's the same. Last time I was there was in May of 2011 when my late brother and I paid respects to our parents at the top of Tannenbaum and Yodeler. We were lazy-- parked at the fire tower and walked in rather than up! :D

No dates set yet, but thinking end of January beginning of February
    I'd like to finish Vermont by skiing at Cochran, Lyndon Outing Club and Northeast Slopes. I need a year with good snow conditons to ski the later two.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>