Short Detachable Lifts

Here is a list from 2015 on the 10 shortest detachable lifts. I have been on number 7 hundreds of times, and think that it was a great addition to Mt Holly. At the end of the night you can get a lot of runs in a very short amount of time. Who has been on any of these lifts and do you think it was a worth while investment.
https://liftblog.com/2015/09/04/the-ten-shortest-detachable-lifts-in-north-america/?fbclid=IwAR3BpHT7jCVHnzoGQF10SBrfC-o891wNlrasQNCM4OobQH9UWdEEeks3CSc

Comments

• Over easy at Stowe really tied the 2 mountains together. Wachusett's beginner chair didn't miss this list by much, and they sure need to move the butts there on the weekends.
  • Over easy at Stowe really tied the 2 mountains together. Wachusett's beginner chair didn't miss this list by much, and they sure need to move the butts there on the weekends.

A detachable lift doesn't generally increase capacity. It only decreases the lift ride time.
    - Sam
    I wonder how Bittersweet and Crystal rank
    Bittersweet is 1,680’ long and Crystal is 2,100’ long
    My gut instinct was why isn't the First Time Express at Park City not on the list? Then after checking the stats, I see it's 1823 ft long length is 150 ft too long to make this top 10 list...
    While I can understand using a detachable chairlift on beginner terrain to make the loading/unloading process easier for first timers, I have to wonder if having 4+ new skiers trying to unload at the same time in the same confined area makes for a chaotic experience?
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 4,668
    cannonmt.com/tuckerbook_i.html Well not a detachable and it runs real slow, but spend some time at the top & bottom of the Tuckerbrook Quad at Cannon Mtn on a busy Saturday for some Warren Milleresque perverse amusement.
    The flying saucer is a nice touch don't you think? A nod to Betty and Barney Hill?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    NJSki said:

While I can understand using a detachable chairlift on beginner terrain to make the loading/unloading process easier for first timers, I have to wonder if having 4+ new skiers trying to unload at the same time in the same confined area makes for a chaotic experience?

The chaotic experience is also occasionally enjoyed by 4+ old skiers
    ski_it said:

cannonmt.com/tuckerbook_i.html Well not a detachable and it runs real slow, but spend some time at the top & bottom of the Tuckerbrook Quad at Cannon Mtn on a busy Saturday for some Warren Milleresque perverse amusement.
    The flying saucer is a nice touch don't you think? A nod to Betty and Barney Hill?

That's a really cool piece of coding! Love the flying saucer and the critters skiing and boarding down their trails. Then, the plane landing and taking off after parking for a bit.

Must be a nod to them-- wonder how many people remember the story?
    "Making ski films is being irresponsible with other people's money, in a responsible sort of way..." <div>Greg Stump</div>
  • I figured that the Rosebrook at BW at 2455' would be in the running!
    Hope the t at BW is spinning 1/9!
    ciscokid said:

Also not detachable

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    ciscokid said:

I hope it's spinning this Saturday. If it is I'll likely go and use my use it or lose it early season voucher.
  • I've been on the one at Winter Park. It appears to have been designed by the real estate department.

It starts at the transportation center and is supposed to take you to the base. Unfortunately it deposits the rider a long walk to the lifts forcing you to walk past all of the shops and attractions.

The walk was so long, especially if you are hauling gear, that they now have little red wagons for skiers to use to take their gear between the lift terminal and the base area.

I've been on the one at Winter Park. It appears to have been designed by the real estate department.

It starts at the transportation center and is supposed to take you to the base. Unfortunately it deposits the rider a long walk to the lifts forcing you to walk past all of the shops and attractions.

The walk was so long, especially if you are hauling gear, that they now have little red wagons for skiers to use to take their gear between the lift terminal and the base area.

That's the old Intrawest resort development model. Look at Whistler Blackcomb, Copper Mountain and Keystone's River Run project. Make them walk through your "Quaint Ski Village" to get to the lifts. I sat down with Keystone's Lift Director the other day and told him they now need a Cabriolet from the parking lot to the Gondola!
    Chuckstah said:

ciscokid said:

I hope it's spinning this Saturday. If it is I'll likely go and use my use it or lose it early season voucher.
    Don’t hold your breathe. I’ve been looking at their web-cam the last few days. There’s no work being done around the base terminal. It is fully enclosed, but the haul rope isn’t on the scene. I may be skiing there on Monday.
    Oh, Rosebrook not the gondi. Yes, they opened it yesterday. Although there's not much terrain opened from it.
    The longest of the 10 shortest is 1671'. At 1800', this will be close. Does detachable add about $1 million?

ropeways.net | Home | 2019-04-19
    Sugar Mountain Ski Resort: New high speed Quad

A High-Speed, Detachable, Quad Chairlift for Beginners at Sugar Mountain Ski Resort

Sugar Mountain Ski Resort, North Carolina. Monday, April 1, 2019 – This summer and fifty years later, a four-seater, detachable, high-speed chairlift will be installed replacing Sugar Mountain Resort’s original, two passenger, fixed-grip Easy Street chairlift.

Designed and engineered by Doppelmayr and specifically for beginners, the new 1,800 foot, silver bullet, quad chairlift cuts travel time from six minutes to two-and-a-half minutes but slows significantly for easy and gentle loading and unloading. “The majority of our guests are beginners who go on to develop skiing and snowboarding as a life-long, family activity. Generation after generation lays roots right here on our beginner terrain. This hasn’t changed in Sugar’s fifty year history. Replacing the original Easy Street lift is not just an upgrade, it is example of the continued commitment to offering our guests an exceptional mountain experience,” explains Sugar Mountain Resort owner, Gunther Jochl.

The new Easy Street lift carries 2,400 passengers per hour compared to 1,050 passengers per hour prior and increases the Resort’s overall uphill capacity from 10,518 passengers per hour to 11,868 passengers per hour.
    Joshua, I tried your link x3. It is this thread.
    TomWhite wrote: »
    Joshua, I tried your link x3. It is this thread.

Oops!
    Austria has North America beat by a long shot. This 10 passenger gondola travels a mere 689 feet:
    https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/bdd/reportage-tcd10-12er-express-doppelmayr-6768.html

ok-28.JPG

Not far away this six-pack chair carries guests 971 feet:
    https://www.remontees-mecaniques.net/bdd/reportage-tsd6b-wetterkreuz-doppelmayr-4692.html