Vail Sucks 2021/20??

Comments

In another showing of how much they don't care about Attitash, it seems that Vail has quietly closed Attitash's mountain bike park. They have removed all information about it from their website, but I can't seem to find any formal information about it being closed.

And no mention of their water slides, Zip line and various other Summer activities they had around the main base area either. Just the alpine slide and scenic chairlift rides....
    The summer biking trail map is still posted on the site, wonder how long before it gets taken down.

pe22bkq3fbtx.png

slatham wrote: »
    JMaul wrote: »
    Chuckstah wrote: »
    I found this map showing all the lots color coded. I can't confirm it's accuracy, but looks right. No thanks, on weekends at the very least.

odkg9lbnls5p.png

So. On a weekend all the park rats that don't want to pay for parking will have to navigate across the mountain to access the parks?

Didn't think of that. Having zero free parking weekend/holiday's at Carinthia is a major error and will be fixed before snow flies IMHO.
    Me thinks the park rats will all be parking in the condo lots. Good luck Glen Run, Seasons, Slopeside Rd, Mountaineer & Deer Creek owners!

I'm surprised they aren't charging the Moovers to park.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
    I am bummed that the summer activities look to be gone at Attitash this year. With our new place being nearby I was hoping to bring my kids over to their activities once in awhile.

ski_it wrote: »
    slatham wrote: »
    JMaul wrote: »
    Chuckstah wrote: »
    I found this map showing all the lots color coded. I can't confirm it's accuracy, but looks right. No thanks, on weekends at the very least.

odkg9lbnls5p.png

So. On a weekend all the park rats that don't want to pay for parking will have to navigate across the mountain to access the parks?

Didn't think of that. Having zero free parking weekend/holiday's at Carinthia is a major error and will be fixed before snow flies IMHO.
    Me thinks the park rats will all be parking in the condo lots. Good luck Glen Run, Seasons, Slopeside Rd, Mountaineer & Deer Creek owners!

I'm surprised they aren't charging the Moovers to park.

Wanted: Gatehouse attendant to staff the gatehouse and check parking passes for our residential community.....

I can/could see that basic help wanted add running in the Deerfield Valley News as Condo Associations with Moover service near the base area try and pre-emptively head off the use of the Moover service that their associations pay for annually, by those trying to circumvent the parking situation....
    Are the scenic chairlift rides on Bear Mountain now? Used to be on the Summit Triple which has an elevated viewing platform at the top, but the picture and description indicate a detachable quad.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 4,685
    Equipe Sports may have to start charging to park as well. Some of the Moover routes (in the past) stop at the Mountaineer Inn (not condos), 600ft walk to Ski Babba & at Equipe, 900 ft walk to Tumbleweed.
    So you have to pay to park at Sundance to pay to charge your EV?
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 2,972
    ski_it wrote: »
    So you have to pay to park at Sundance to pay to charge your EV?

utmizhrqls5s.jpg
    conrad wrote: »
    Are the scenic chairlift rides on Bear Mountain now? Used to be on the Summit Triple which has an elevated viewing platform at the top, but the picture and description indicate a detachable quad.

I'm guessing that the scenic "summit" chair rides may be on the Yankee, as that is what they run for the alpine slide rides which are open during the same time frames.
    Quietman wrote: »

I'm guessing that the scenic "summit" chair rides may be on the Yankee, as that is what they run for the alpine slide rides which are open during the same time frames.

I was thinking it was the Yankee too.
    It doesn’t provide too much scenery half way up the mountain
    Hours are 10-5 Saturday and Sundays only. Back in 2019, everything was daily and looks like they were running three lifts. Crazy how things changed.
  • edited June 2021 Posts: 4,685
    Quietman wrote: »

They've been on Bear Peak since at least 2016. The zip line is up there. Which I do not see listed under summer activities. The Yankee doesn't go to the other summit.
    Guess-this-patroller-shack Attitash-8-26-2016
    If PEAK Resorts was so great, why did they sell out? Maybe all these discounts were not a great operating model....
    Dirk109 wrote: »
    If PEAK Resorts was so great, why did they sell out? Maybe all these discounts were not a great operating model....

Vail's offer was 115.7% above Peak's stock price. If anybody would like to buy one of my stocks at 115.7% above it's current value, please let me know, I'll be happy to sell.
    Also the senior management, which held a lot of stock, was getting older. It was as a good a time to sell as they were likely to see and in one action they got clear of the ugly association with drug monies and any succession problems.

If you notice the Carinthia redevelopment had stopped with the base lodge & West Lake complete but no hint of the money making lodging project was ever started. Signs that financing was getting tighter or interest was turning in a new direction.

It was just time to go...
    Ehh, they had just bought the PA areas, so there was still some recent speanding going on.
    NELSBEER wrote: »
    Also the senior management, which held a lot of stock, was getting older. It was as a good a time to sell as they were likely to see and in one action they got clear of the ugly association with drug monies and any succession problems.

If you notice the Carinthia redevelopment had stopped with the base lodge & West Lake complete but no hint of the money making lodging project was ever started. Signs that financing was getting tighter or interest was turning in a new direction.

It was just time to go...

Even if Peak didn't sell to Vail, the Carinthia base development as planned, was likely not going to happen, or if it did, in greatly altered fashion due to the discovery of some significant environmental remediation work that would of/will be needed to happen due to the past (pre Peak, likely pre ASC) dumping of a plethora of old tree debris and other apparently old school mining era debris under/around what is now the main (not slopeside) parking lot, where a fair amount of the development, included the crucial parking garage, was slated to occur.

Doubt even "Vail bucks" would want to take on the actual and legal costs, to develop something on the original scale Peak had planned knowing what they know now
    What was mined at carinthia? Copper?
    thebigo wrote: »
    What was mined at carinthia? Copper?

Iron
    $1.3 billion cash on hand. I guess that's what happens when you refuse to refund all the money you owe to the customers you baited.
    $1.3 billion cash on hand. I guess that's what happens when you refuse to refund all the money you owe to the customers you baited.

And $2.85 billion in long and short term debt. They need to pay it off somehow.
  • conrad wrote: »

I'll take my refund in stock options! :)

50% more product sold (season passes) than same period last year when Crotched was operating at 50% of capacity (Covid Rules) and reservations were required. There should be lots of parking, right?

The amazing customer experience continues in the Mt Washington Valley. No lifts are ready for summer activities. No surprise.

vz3erzcfjngy.png
    s1pybca0pfq1.png
    But providing a fun safe experience is a top priority!! ;)
  • conrad wrote: »
    But providing a fun safe experience is a top priority!! ;)

That's true (and I got your sarcasm). They've had 2-2 1/2 months to perform maintenance on the lifts so how is it that other resorts (not owned by Vail) got their maintenance done in time?

Just another example of the highly professional customer service you get went you give Vail your hard earned money!
    Maintenance and safety are just the corporate feel-good mumbo jumbo. I'm sure there is another reason like difficulty staffing because they weren't paying enough or a directive from Denver to mothball anything that doesn't help sell epic passes. Now the alpine slides aren't even on the website: https://www.attitash.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/summer-activities.aspx
  • https://www.attitash.com/explore-the-resort/activities-and-events/alpine-slide.aspx

This attraction is currently closed due to maintenance. Reopening date is TBD.

:| :| :|
    But the summer MTB map is still there.vxz83bknm3es.png
    :(

This discussion has been closed.