2017-2018 closing dates

Comments

• TygTyg

Does anyone know typical Burke closing dates?  I'm still trying to get there this season but I know they don't go long.  They'll still be open 3/31 right?

Most likely, they usually close on the 1st or 2nd weekend of April

Bull Mountain... don't go changin'!
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,162

Does anyone know typical Burke closing dates?  I'm still trying to get there this season but I know they don't go long.  They'll still be open 3/31 right?

<br/ I believe that they're closing on 4/8. If you go stay in the new on mtn. hotel they usually have great deals late season and the place is very nice.
    Catamount is closing 4/1.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    Oak. Mt, NY is closed after Sunday. Given the forecast for the next week, it is a good move. They had a nice season- tough to be a south-facing hill, but they do a great job.
  • Whaleback is closing tomorrow and Black Mountain, NH is closing on Easter.
    - Sam
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,493

Whaleback is closing tomorrow and Black Mountain, NH is closing on Easter.

Whaleback has made no such announcement yet. Tentatively looking at Easter 4/1.

Also Black closes 3/31 not 4/1.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,329
    Mount Snow is currently accepting daily online sales reservations through April 15th (that's a Thursday, so one would presume weather permitting they're open daily through Sunday, April 18th) and then have said they will assess operations plans from then as that date approaches...
    15th is a Sunday. Must be looking at March. Birthday is the 17th, was happy for a sec when I thought it was in a sat.
    Pats Peak has extended their season to 4/1.
    ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 1,811
    Ski Sundown is closing today. Mohawk is opened daily through 4/1.
    <p abp="321"><strong abp="322">Ski Conditions Report: A detailed report describing the snow conditions on the mountain the day of your visit. Skiers should become familiar with the following snow surface descriptions: Ice: Packed Powder, Slush: Packed Powder, Frozen Granular: Packed Powder , Packed Powder - A thin covering of snow over bare earth.</strong></p>
    $15 lift tickets at Berkshire East next week if you bring 3 cans of soup for the local food bank or a lift ticket from another ski area.
    Dartmouth Skiway is closing on 3/31.
    Crotched - This week LIFTS WILL SPIN MONDAY-FRIDAY THIS WEEK 11:00 AM-7:00 PM

Saturday, March 31-Sunday, April 1 (Easter Sunday): We WILL operate, but hours are TBD and will be announced as soon as possible, next week.  

The Rocket and West Chairlifts will spin 11:00 am-7:00 pm. The Magic Carpet lift will NOT operate during these dates. 

ISNE-I Skied New England | NESAP-the New England Ski Area Project | SOSA-Saving Our Ski Areas - Location SW of Boston MA
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,493
    Whaleback will be open Friday 4-8, Sat 10-4, and the final day Easter 10-3. $11 tickets on Sunday. Decent season for them, longest since early 70s.
    Contemplating skiing Berkshire East tomorrow with their cheap ticket deal.
    Stratton lodging link says April 8 is last day.
    Sunday River is closing April 29 with the annual free ski day, so no May this season.  Wildcat is saying "into May", but they say that every season and rarely make it.  The last time the Cat skied into May was Spring of "15
    Ragged Mountain - website says they wrap up their season Sunday, April 1!
    Heard June 3 for Killington.
    Cannon says they are closing 4/15. But they say lots of things.
    Rumor at Smugg's is 4/15/2018
    4/8 is the last day for Whiteface.
    Mount Snow announced they are making snow tonight. 8 hour window from 2 AM to 10 AM. Good marketing ploy, as well as soften up the hardened surfaces.
    Where is Patrick - or is it still too early for his closing posts?
    FlyingZ said:

Stratton lodging link says April 8 is last day.

Last weekend had a little chat with an employee and she said there was a chance they open the 14th/15th.  Sun Bowl (including Shooting Star) close Sunday.  We shall see.  I bet lodging would be cheap.  I'd do it.  May have to be Killington though.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I talked to him recently.  He said early April for his first  update.
  • TygTyg
    Waterville is April 8th but might go for April 14/15. They’ll decided next Weekend if they shoot for a extra weekend.
    Bull Mountain... don't go changin'!
    Chuckstah said:

I talked to him recently.  He said early April for his first  update.
    How about MadPat ?

Patrick/MadPat are one and the same.